Whats up and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast, the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
Initially, Fairness was nominated a Webby for “Finest Expertise Podcast”!!! Drop the whole lot and go Vote for Equity! We’d recognize. A lot. And even when we lose, nicely, we’ll maintain doing our factor and making one another snicker.
Natasha and Danny and Alex and Chris received collectively to talk by means of the week’s greatest information. And like each different week in latest reminiscence, it was a busy one. However we did our greatest to hit some M&A information, some unicorn information, and a few funding information from smaller startups.
Now, onto the present rundown, right here’s what we mentioned:
- The Discord-Microsoft deal is done, and Danny has a sizzling take. Specifically, in his view, the deal was principally banker chatter greater than an actual risk. Extra chaff than wheat, in different phrases. Agree or not, we’re stoked for the Discord IPO in a couple of years (quarters?) time.
- Mastercard bought Erkata, and Danny was readily available at hand to clarify why we care concerning the deal. Certain, it was $825 million in worth, however some enterprise information from Finledger helped explain just how much capital is flowing into similar companies. Let’s see how that math works out.
- Clearbanc rebranded itself into a fintech unicorn, offering companies together with candy, candy capital.
- The UiPath IPO finally priced and began to commerce. It had first day, and you can check out what we discovered speaking to its CFO right here.
- Over in China, a rustic that we’ve not coated sufficient these days, Laiye raised $50 million more. Like UiPath it competes within the RPA world.
- Deel, for one, had 2020. It hit 20x development in income final yr, and recently raised at a $1.25 billion valuation.
- After which we closed with two seed rounds raised by latest Y Combinator grads: Right here’s the Queenly round, and right here’s the Albedo deal!
We’ll see you on Monday.